Day Five – Oops

First thing I did was get right to sewing. My directions were to put 15 sash pieces to 15 prologue units, like thus:

Now the “oops”. You know, they have a saying for this: measure twice and cut once. I seem to have that backwards.

These are 2.5 by 4.5:The instructions clearly say they should be 4.5 by 6.5. How did I get that wrong? If it had been the other way around, I could have cut them down. My challenge was finding enough large pieces of the dark fabric to cut the proper size pieces.I found them, but there isn’t as much variety in the print anymore, and I wonder what is left to cut and how much fabric I’ll have. I may end up adding other fabrics if I need to. I hope I don’t need to. Now that I had the proper size dark rectangles, I could sew them to the remaining 15 sashing pieces.

After today’s cutting and sewing, this is what I have:

I peeked ahead, and I know some half-square triangles are coming up. I really want to see the overall pattern in this quilt, but part of the mystery is not seeing that until the last couple of pages.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s